The kitchen is designed for food preparation, and it must be hygienic for health reasons. Garbage disposal in the kitchen is related to internal and external hygiene aspects. It’s popular in homes as sometimes plates can be cleaned in the sink. Modern homes are built with kitchen basin and proper draining system. These are beneficial if used correctly. But remember, improper and clumsy usage can lead to various health issues as well. In serious cases, the garbage disposal can charge a few extra repair costs.
An in-sink disposal is a fast method of disposing of food scraps which can be passed easily. It’s perfect for busy cooks who don’t have much time to go and wash the plates or dispose leftover food/food scraps to compost.
Let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of disposing of garbage in the kitchen.
● If it is used carefully, kitchen disposals can be sanitary too. But avoid large scraps as it may cause clogging.
● The convenience of the cook is the primary necessity for this kind of management. Flushing it with clean water can reduce clogging probability.
● It will eradicate the smelly odors coming from a garbage can. The bad smell can attract animals that may cut and tear the garbages to get discarded pieces of food.
● Clogs and jams are one of the major issues with garbage disposals. The kitchen is not any exception. In-sink disposal is not appropriate for all kinds of food scraps. Stringy or fibrous food items, vegetable and food peels, corn husks, meat products or bones can be stuck around the blade. In some cases, the blade can be clogged by meat wastes, rot and make it smell. Starchy foods or fruit seeds, peels create a chunk or gunk which jams the blade and clogs from draining. Many foods can expand in warm or hot water. These may get stuck in the drain pipe. Naturally, for repairing the clogged pipe, you may spend some extra money.
● Watch out! Finger may get hurt while cleaning the blade. The spinning shredder can cause injury.
Disposal of food scraps through the drain can lead to extra waste in the septic tank system and also the water treatment. The chunk of food waste from difficulty in water treatment process also. Because this may lead to extra energy and extra chemical usage for treating the water. If your drain is not connected to municipal water treatment facility, the same chunk can produce a build-up form in the septic system. Later it will cause expensive and troublesome repairs so you need a some solution must follow the page garbage disposal guide (facebook) which helps to repair the garbage disposal at home with easy steps.
There are some ways to avoid the disadvantageous aspects of kitchen garbage disposal. Composting as much food waste as possible can lead to solutions. Flushing and clean-up under running water are essential in this case. But obviously, it requires a good amount of water as well. Hence, water management system is necessary too. Don’t keep your old garbage’s in the kitchen for 2 or 3 days. It may rot, create bad odour and is the very much unhygienic process. Make sure to follow scientific and eco-friendly option when it comes to garbage disposal in kitchen.